Blockages, CCTV Survey, Lining, Repair, Jetting
DRAIN JETTING SERVICES
Our drainage engineers use a variety of tools in order to clear your blocked drain in the most efficient way possible. We use different sizes of electric snakes depending on your needs, high pressure water jets to remove blockages, CCTV inspections to identify the cause of the issue, and even excavation or structural drain lining for effective drain repair.
Septic tank maintenance
What is drain jetting?
Water is pumped through a hose fitted with a specialist jetting nozzle. The water is pressurised and forced through the drain dislodging blockages and allowing your drains to flow freely again.
How does drain jetting work?
If jetting is required our engineers attend site and establish a safety perimeter around the drain entry point.
The engineer uses water, which is stored in tanks, sent through a pressurised jetting nozzle and propelled through your lines. The sheer power of the water is strong enough to dislodge stubborn blockages and wash away scale build up, grease and fats.
Advantages of drain jetting
- Sometimes a blockage can be in a hard to reach section of your drain that rodding or snaking cannot reach. The benefit of using water is that it can access even the most difficult location. Jetting hoses can negotiate tight bends allowing our drainage engineers to target any area of your drainage system.
- Scale and grease build up decrease the diameter of your pipe resulting in slow draining water. When this issue escalates, it can cause backups resulting in an environmental hazard. The high pressure of the water means that drain jetting will not only clear a blockage, it will also clean the inside of the pipe walls allowing your drains to flow freely.
- Pressurized water is more powerful and effective at clearing stubborn blockages than rodding or snaking.
- Drain jetting is quick and effective, causing minimal disruption to your property.
Can I jet wash my drains?
Our drainage engineers are equipped with specialist, self contained jetting machines specifically designed for usage in drains.
The force of a pressurised water jet, if used incorrectly, can damage fragile pipework, so should only be carried out by trained professionals that have assessed the drainage system and determined the appropriate method of drain clearance.
Is drain jetting safe?
High pressure jetting uses water to clear blockages. No harsh chemicals are used that could corrode and damage your pipes.However, using a high pressure hose is a skilled task and could result in injury to a person or damage to a property if not carried out correctly. Our engineers will assess the age and fragility of your pipes to avoid causing damage.
Alton Pump Services drainage engineers are fully insured and trained in using high-pressure hoses and are equipped with the appropriate safety wear.
Signs you need drain jetting
- Low water pressure
- Water draining slowly
- Persistent blockages
- Standing water around manholes and drain covers
- Gurgling sounds from your sink and shower when draining
- Unpleasant smells from your drains
- Sewage backing up
Our Drainage Services
- Drain Jetting
- Tree Root Removal
- Joint Realignment
- Drain Excavation
- Septic Tank Empty
- Gully & Storm Drain Cleaning
HOW WE CAN HELP
No dig drain relining allows us to repair the interior of your drain without the need for excavation. Our operations team will discuss with you the best time to implement the repair ensuring minimal inconvenience for the fastest and most cost-effective way to repair a damaged drain.
Why Choose Alton Pump Services?
REPUTATION FOR QUALITY
24/7 CALL OUT
What our clients have to say
This company works for us on a regular basis, we have many projects on the go all the time and whenever we have drainage issues we call in Alton Pumps. They were recommended to us by one of our clients, Surrey County Council, and we bought them on-board as a specialist sub contractor.
Treatment Plant problems – Called Alton Pump Services because our treatment plant went into alarm, Alton Pump Services attended very quickly and diagnosed the fault. They fixed the problem and arranged a tanker for the emptying. Overall very happy with the service we received. Recommended Company.
New pumps installed in septic tank. 2 professionals came and undertook a complex, dirty and stressful job with ease. They were transparent, reassuring and professional and they went above and beyond the call of duty to get my problem fixed. I’d recommend them again. they’re worth every penny.