Plastic was invented in 1907 but has in a relatively short amount of time become a major environmental hazard in our oceans. Around 60% of the plastic we use is single-use. By 2050 scientists believe there will be more plastic in the sea than fish*.
Did you know that wet wipes (baby wipes) are also a single use plastic? At Alton Pump Services we see lots of wipes every day working their way into the water system, and we want to help reduce this.
Our aim is to help raise awareness of the issue of single use plastics. Going plastic free is a tough task but if we all help to spread the word we can encourage people to stop and think before they choose a single use plastic item
The Education Secretary aims to eliminate all single-use plastic items in school by 2022 and wants schools to target the biggest polluters: Single use cups and lids, disposable plastic straws, single use plastic bottles, single use plastic bags
Single Use Plastic Straws
Disposable Cups & Lids
Disposable Plastic Bottles
Single Use Plastic Bags
Let’s Raise Awareness
Single use plastics are a global environmental problem and we want to help spread the word. We are asking you to design a poster to spread awareness of single use plastic in today’s world.
Your poster can show how single use plastics are effecting our oceans and marine life, or you could design a poster showing simple ways anyone can help reduce the amount of single plastics we use in school, work or at home.
How To Enter
Design a poster to raise awareness of single use plastics. Send your entry to: Alton Pump Services Ltd, Unit 4 Riverwey Industrial Park, Newman Lane, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 2QL. Please write your name, age and address on the reverse of your form. If you can’t post it in time please email your entry to: email@example.com
WIN a family ticket to Blue Reef Aquarium Portsmouth
Explore the underwater world at Blue Reef Aquarium Portsmouth – there’s a whole host of creatures to be discovered!
From sharks to clownfish, seahorses to otters, there’s plenty to see. Take in the colourful and exotic inhabitants of the coral reef in our spectacular underwater tunnel and come face to face with the wonders of the aquatic world.
Explore the planet’s rain forests as you encounter some of the most amazing amphibians – from deadly poison dart frogs to curious iguanas.
Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom except employees of Alton Pump Services Ltd or Blue Reef Aquarium and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- You must have your parents permission to enter the competition if you are under 16 years of age.
- Entries must be sent in on the official entry form (link above in ‘How to Enter’).
- Closing date for entry will be 29/02/20 After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Winner will be chosen by a team from Alton Pumps Services & Blue Reef Aquarium Portsmouth.