Skip to content
Go to Top
Septic Tank Emptying
Tank Emptying, Gulley and Chamber Clearance and Wet Waste Removal Services
- If your sewage tank is not maintained or emptied regularly (usually each year), the tank may fill, overflow and spill waste over the surrounding area.
- This can cause foul smells and pose a potential health risk to not only people, but the surrounding wildlife and watercourses.
- You may notice issues with toilets or sinks backing-up, or taking longer to drain than normal.
- If your tank is under grass, you may notice additional growth around the opening into the tank compared to other areas.
- If the tank fills, solids may pass into the soakaway, causing it to block and potentially fail, meaning it may need to be replaced.
- The Environment Agency are now actively investigating non-compliant systems, so it is important to have your system checked regularly and emptied when necessary.
- The Environment Agency and British Water both recommend that septic tanks are emptied annually to prevent spilling incidents and expensive repairs.
- For fixed prices and a reliable service, contact Alton Pump Services to arrange your maintenance visit or tank empty today on 01420 561661 or email: email@example.com