Sewer lining, also known as cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) lining, is a technique used to repair and restore damaged sewer lines without the need for excavation or replacement. It involves inserting a flexible, resin-coated liner into the existing pipe and curing it in place with hot water or steam. The result is a seamless, durable, and long-lasting repair that can extend the life of your sewer lines by decades.
The Benefits of Sewer Lining
There are many benefits to choosing sewer lining over traditional excavation and replacement methods, including:
- Cost Savings: Sewer lining is typically much more cost-effective than excavation and replacement, as it requires less labour and materials.
- Minimal Disruption: With sewer lining, there is no need for excavation, which means minimal disruption to your property and surrounding areas.
- Quick Turnaround: Sewer lining can usually be completed in just a few hours, which means less downtime for your property.
- Durability: Sewer lining creates a seamless and durable repair that can last for 50 years or more.
- Environmentally Friendly: Sewer lining eliminates the need for excavation, which can be harmful to the environment and disrupt local wildlife.
Common Sewer Line Problems
Sewer lines can become damaged or clogged for a variety of reasons, including:
- Tree Root Intrusion: Tree roots can grow into sewer lines, causing blockages and damage.
- Corrosion: Over time, sewer pipes can corrode and deteriorate, leading to leaks and cracks.
- Ground Movement: Shifting soil and ground movement can cause sewer lines to crack or break.
- Blockages: Sewer lines can become blocked by grease, debris, and other materials.
- Age: Older sewer lines may be more prone to damage and deterioration.
If you notice any signs of sewer line damage, such as slow drains, foul odours, or sewage backups, it’s essential to contact a professional plumbing company in Basingstoke, Farnborough, or Farnham. They can inspect your sewer lines and recommend the best course of action, which may include sewer lining.
Sewer lining is an effective and affordable solution for repairing damaged sewer lines. By choosing this method, you can save money, minimise disruption to your property, and extend the life of your plumbing system. If you need sewer lining services in Basingstoke, Farnborough, or Farnham, be sure to contact Alton Pumps today.